The Traditional Music Center is a modern concert venue and a cultural centre located in Viljandi, Estonia. Traditional Music Center is opened from Tuesday to Saturday 12:00-19:00 and during the events.
The ground floor of the building is occupied by the Grand Hall and the Chamber Hall - both of them built and furnished to satisfy the specific demands of traditional music. The halls can hold 407 (Grand Hall) and 80 (Chamber Hall) guests. On the ground floor, there is also a record shop with a wide selection of traditional music records and books.
In the basement of the Traditional Music Center, under the majestic vaulted brick ceiling where the musicians often practice, there are August Pulst School and the Traditional Music Center Library.
The renovation of the old storehouse where Estonian Traditional Music Center is located was finished in March 2008. The architect of this bilding is Raivo Mändmaa and the interior designer is Kersti Leinbock. Linda Madalik designed the acoustics and the author of the beautiful ironworks is Heigo Jelle. The hand-made decorations used in the Traditional Music Center were made by craftsmen and the students of textile at Viljandi Culture Academy.
Not only is it possible to organise concerts in the Traditional Music Center, but the rooms are also available for hire for seminars, conferences, receptions, etc.
- The Grand Hall: 300 seats on the floor and 107 on the balcony (theatre-style); up to 200 seats at long tables and 100 at round tables
- The Chamber Hall: 80 seats (theatre-style); 40 at tables
- The Fireplace Hall: a meeting room for up to 30 persons, sauna available
The Grand Hall and the Chamber Hall use up-to-date video, sound, light, and conference equipment. There is a digital interpreting system installed in the rooms, which makes it possible to interpret into four different languages simultaneously. We also provide access to people with disabilities.
Technical specifications of the Grand Hall:
- 5m x14m stage, can be turned into a five-level stage
- Acoustics can be regulated by the curtains in the wall cupboards
- Flat floor, retractable seating system
- Three coatrooms for the guests
If you want to use the rooms, please contact:
43 42072, 55 674 992